OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING THE PEAK DISTRICT
We feel strongly about preserving this area of natural beauty, in which we are privileged to live. As grandparents, we care about the world in which our grandchildren will live. We are trying to do as much as we can preserve what we have, and limit the efforts of 'modern living' on our environment. We attempt to reduce our waste, pollution, carbon impact and environmental impact in the following ways:
RECYLING AND RECYCLED PRODUCTS
- We collect rain and waste water and use in the garden.
- We recycle household rubbish including plastics, cans, bottles, newspapers, cardboard, cooked and raw food.
- We compost vegetable and fruit waste and cardboard.
- Our toilet rolls are made of recycled paper (or FSC).
- We purchase liquid soap in bulk and fill soap dispensers.
- We use home produced and locally sourced products where possible.
- We support our local market and other local businesses, reducing mileage and packaging.
- We use low-energy light bulbs where suitable.
- We have installed energy efficient gas boilers and have fitted thermostats on all radiators.
- We have installed Solar Panels on the house roof.
- We store electricity in large Lithium Batteries
- When possible, we dry laundry outside.
- All our windows and doors are double or triple glazed
- We have purchased both an A *** Washing Machine and separate A***
- Tumble Drier for guest bedding and towels.
- We encourage wildlife in our garden. This includes nest boxes, bird tables, choice of plants, minimum use of chemicals, wildlife area and wildlife pond, plus leaving some areas with long grass and piles of wood.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP US?
We invite you to
- Use water with care.
- Switch off lights which you do not need and switch off electrical equipment at the socket.
- Have a day or evening without your car and enjoy a local walk.
- Support Chesterfield, Bakewell and other local markets. There are lots of bargains and speciality shops.