OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING THE PEAK DISTRICT
We feel strongly about preserving this area of natural beauty, in which we are privileged to live. As grandparents, we care about the world in which our grandchildren will live. We are trying to do as much as we can preserve what we have, and limit the efforts of 'modern living' on our environment. We attempt to reduce our waste, pollution, carbon impact and environmental impact in the following ways:
RECYLING AND RECYCLED PRODUCTS
- * We collect rain and waste water and use in the garden.
- * We recycle household rubbish including plastics, cans, bottles, newspapers and cardboard. This includes the contents of your waste basket.
- * We compost vegetable and fruit waste and cardboard.
- * Left over toast is fed to the ducks in the local park by our grandchildren.
- * Our toilet rolls are made of recycled paper (or FSC).
- * We use home produced and locally sourced products where possible.
- * We support our local market and other local businesses, reducing mileage and packaging.
- * We use low-energy light bulbs where suitable.
- * We have installed an energy efficient gas boilers and have fitted thermostats on all radiators.
- * We have installed Solar Panels on the house roof.
- * We change your towels only when you leave them in the shower or bath.
- * When possible we dry laundry outside.
- * We use Fair Trade tea and coffee.
- * We use environmentally friendly products for cleaning.
- * We use dispensers for soap and shower cream.
- * We encourage wildlife in our garden. This includes nest boxes, bird tables, choice of plants, minimum use of chemicals, wildlife area and wildlife pond, plus leaving some areas with long grass and piles of wood.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP US?
We invite you to
- Use water with care.
- Switch off lights which you do not need and switch off electrical equipment at the mains.
- Have a day or evening without your car. We have local bus timetables and local walks.
- Support Chesterfield and other local markets. There are lots of bargains.